Friday, July 25, 2008

Today My Baby Girl Turns 20!!!!!

Today my Baby girl is turning 20! Happy Birthday Brittney!!! I can't hardly believe it!!! I'm not sure I've been awake because it seems to have passed toooo quickly! I love my kids birthdays. I usually do a lot of reminiscing about them on their birthdays. I thought it might be fun this year to record some of my memories.

I remember what a shock it was to have a new baby in sooo many ways. First of all the sleep! I never knew I could live on such little sleep! But I always enjoyed my late night nursing with my babies. It was soo amazing to me how difficult it was to go anywhere and all the paraphernalia it took to take her out.




Mommy and Brittney...
Daddy and Brittney...



Brittney was an adorable baby. She was born with a bit of red in her hair and later proved to be a true red head with a head strong way about her. Today we are VERY grateful for that strong will. Brittney got Chubby rather quickly, I LOVED that about my babies except for holding the 20 pound baby was a bit of work! I hated to ever let Brittney cry. So we held her ALL the TIME. My pediatrician always said I couldn't spoil her until after she was 1. So we held her as much as she wanted. I always worried about her because of her heart problem. I was sooo relieved after she had the surgery that fixed her heart! I was always grateful for her little cry in the night because I knew she was alright.
She was a tense baby, always had her hands clinched in a fist. She sure wanted Mom or Dad and NO ONE ELSE. Especially not Grandma Skinner! Fortunately she out grew that and LOVES spending time with Grandma!






Brittney grew especially fond of her daddy VERY young. Probably because I was sooo ready for his help when he got home from work and he sure enjoyed holding her and taking care of her. It is amazing how much work one little tiny baby can be, especially when they are the ONLY tiny baby!



Brittney LOVED having her picture taken, and was always quite the model.



Brittney LOVED this doll, it was her "Collette" doll she got when Collette was born so she'd have her own baby to take care of.



Brittney LOVED performing and especially dancing!!!
Brittney always wanted to do EVERYTHING herself!!! Since she was such an EASY GOING kid (HaHa) we tried to accommodate her and make life as accessible to a small child as possible. This was great for a new mom to learn because I worked with all my kids to do Everything themselves. Brittney was a Great first child. She paved the way well for her siblings.
She feels she'd be a different kid if she was 2nd or 3rd instead of our first! But I don't know!!!
We are sooo grateful for our baby girl and the 20 years she has been with us!
Happy Birthday Brittney! We LOVE You!!!



2 comments:

Hoskins Family said...

Happy Birthday Brittney! The teenage years are behind you! What an adorable baby.

Reeser5 said...

I LOVE old pictures! That's soooo cool!!