Sunday, July 13, 2008

New Beginning



I Love to take pictures of my family and everything we all do. I often dream of scrapbooking but I have never really had time to make that hobby work. Recently my friends showed me how much fun they are having with their blogs so I thought I might give it a try. I think I can actually do this and hopefully our family and friends can keep up with our crazy lives and I will have a nice journal of our family.


Last week we took a trip to San Francisco for the 4th of July. Our weekend began on the 3rd of July when John's company started on fire and he had to go in on the 4th. So our travels were delayed a bit but we reached our hotel by 7:30 PM on the 4th and our San Francisco stay began. We were hoping to see fireworks that night but due to too many munchies and delayed dinner we ended up with a sick boy and spent the evening watching fireworks on TV. Brittney was sorely dissapointed.








Saturday morning we had a fun ihop breakfast and set out for San Francisco. When we missed the down town exit we went straight for the bridge to start our day. I had heard NO ONE was traveling because of the gas prices but that was NOT the case in San Francisco, it seemed EVERYONE was there. Then of course the Bridge was fogged in. We did drive across it and back.


We spent the rest of the day fighting the crowds but got to visit pier 39, and see everything from there, visit Coit Tower, China Town, Dinner at Joe's Crab Shack and finially Chandler's favoite a slow ride down Lumbard Street. We had a great time and had added fun with our extra guests Dan and Rachel Patten. Brittney's boyfriend and his sister.









































3 comments:

Crazy Me... said...

Sounds like you had a blast Sister J!

Love ya!

California Banry's said...

yeah!!! Welcome to world of BLOG's. Glad you're here. We love blogging. What a wonderful trip you had. Yeah! And what a perfect day for you to start, your 35th birthday!

coco said...

Love your blog--fun pics and details! Thanks for emailing me the link. Hi to all the Joosts!
-Colleen Farr